Do you desire to learn surf? Do you desire to ride the waves?
The bongos Resort & Yoga Retreat is collaborating with the Chania Surf Club for surf lessons!
Summer activities….A full vacation with Yoga & Surf!
The Chania Surf Club founded in 2012, it is the first surf school in Crete and with the years they became one of the most be loved surf schools in Mediterranean sea!
The instructors love to teach people surf and they will offer you one of the best experience.
What can you expect?
The Chania Surf club will try to help you to get the most out of your time, doing what you are really interested in doing. What is that? Surfing, group spirit, beach chilling, watching the sunset with a couple of beers, doing some wild dancing? and of course we will share more cultural insights about Chania and the western region of Crete.
Book now your stay and your surf lessons! Ask for our vacation packages now!
What you will be learning as a beginner surfer
- Introduction to surf equipment and gear
- Safety issues
- How waves form in the ocean
- The geography of Peniche: waves and beaches
- The history of surf: From inception to today
- How to position yourself on the board and how to paddle, handle, and sit on the board
- How to clear the breaking zone and deal with white water
- Priority rules
- Initiation to take-off techniques (standing on the board)
- Take-off timing
- Line-up positioning
- Surfing waves before they break
- Surfing green waves in safety and with some control
What you will be learning as an intermediate surfer
- Go through a diagnostic and appraisal session
- How to select surf gear that is adequate for your level
- Improving your paddling, sitting, and wave-catching techniques
- How to improve your positioning on line-up
- Timing, reading the waves, and priority rules
- The hydrodynamics of a surf board
- Positioning your body for a bottom turn
- How to surf various types of wave
- How to gain speed and trimming
- Manoeuvres: Off-the-lip, cutback, and floater